There is a large gap in capability and skills across the Civil Engineering and Design categories across Australia and New Zealand. Of top priority is Geometric Designers for Road design, whether urban, rural, highways or lane ways. The increasing population is concerning governments as roads become increasingly congested while businesses grow, infrastructure expands and other means of transport are reaching capacity. Connecting cities, alleviating congestion and giving better access to infrastructure are important and high priorities to governments right now.
Of course, without Civil and Geometric Designers, this cannot happen in today's world. All levels of Designers are required and depending on seniority, tasks may include:
- Geometric improvements for urban and rural road transportation
- Roading investigations
- Develop strong client relationships
- Meticulous road design in 12D/MX and AutoCAD
- Manage and execute tasks as per project plans and budgets
- Peer design and quality reviews
- Potentially some travel to other offices and client sites
- Report writing
The intention of these roles are to provide exceptional design for the delivery teams. Designers with an Engineering Degree and at least 5 years' experience will be considered.