Pre-Construction Manager - Opportunity to develop your own team
About the Client: The Group we represent provides a total construction service with group resources from inception to finished project. Their key services are Civil Engineering, Construction, RC Structures, Demolition and Development. They are able to provide comprehensive construction services throughout the UK and Ireland. This group is a family owned business and they pride themselves in providing total reliability to their clients. With turnover close to £200m, and projects ranging from Design & Build projects of £30m down to £1m all within the South East, they are a client that are well known as being a truly professional specialist sub contractor able to deliver projects to specification and on time.
About the role: Your duties will include but not limited to;
- Working with the Estimating Team to consider the project at the bid / no bid stage
- Developing the bid winning strategy with the team / key supply chain members
- Identifying the resources required for the tender and their availability
- Managing the tender process including design, planning, programming, pricing, commercial & submission
- Management responsibility for planning within their business unit and other designated strategic projects.
- Occasional planning / document production to meet the needs of your department
- Working with / manage joint venture partners / internal companies
- Ensuring a coordinated approach between all elements of the work winning team
- Ensuring work winning team provide information to the necessary deadlines
- Controlling the development and viability of value engineering proposals
- Identifying risks and ensuring they are addressed within the tender risk register
- Developing client relationship during the tender and lead post tender client negotiations / conversations
- Building presentations that are to be given to clients / main contractors
- Presenting the bid to Client alongside Contracts Manager / Operations Director at Post Tender Stage
- Attending pre bid / mid bid meetings with Clients, occasionally leading these sessions
- Giving pre-tender advice to clients when requested.
- Mentor, assist and improve the less experienced members of the work winning team
About the requirements: You must hold a professional degree and would be suitable for a Project Manager or Senior Engineer looking to change their career path. You must have keen eye for detail both in reviewing information received and also in documentation going out the door.
About the benefits: You will be working with one of the leading specialist civils subcontractor in London. You will be working in an office environment with set hours 5 days a week. You will receive a very competitive salary and excellent training also.