Operations Director - Mandarin Speaking - Dubai
Our client is a leading International Contractor, they have a requirement for a Mandarin speaking Operations Director to join their team and be based in Dubai. The candidate placed in this position will be responsible for overseeing our client’s projects within the UAE and Oman. Candidates applying for this position must have a minimum 18 years’ experience (5 years in the Middle East), a bachelor's degree in civil engineering, must be from a construction background and MUST be fluent in Mandarin.
- Develop the strategy and execution plan
- Negotiate contract terms with the client
- Deliver on all technical and commercial aspects of the projects as per the contract requirements
- Manage the client relationship and key stakeholders
- Business development to ensure repeat business
- Deliver the financial objectives for the projects
- Manage all projects’ risk and contingencies
- Ensure compliance with the ‘company’ Business Management System
- Direct staff and resources to meet programme delivery requirements
- Ensure project success
- Construction related Bachelor's degree
- A minimum of 18 years post graduate experience
- 5 years experience within the GCC
- Fluent in Mandarin
- Extensive experience working for a contractor
- Must have held an operation’s or managing director role
- Experience in leading on large projects in the GCC.
- Proven success in the delivery of large capital projects within scope, time and budget
- Ability to influence for results.
- Experience in the planning, managing and successfully delivering on projects involving numerous stakeholders
- Effective IT and communication skills in report writing, presentations and holding effective conversations
- Proven ability to lead, organize and direct large multi-national organization