Our Client: Independent multi-disciplinary consultancy who have offices throughout the UK working with clients in both the public and private sectors.
Projects: Education, local authority, universities, commercial and retail
Company Headcount: 2000 - 2500
The role of the Building Surveyor:
- Undertaking a wide range of Building Surveying duties, under supervision
- Assist in the growth of our professional services offering (party wall and acquisitions being a major part of this role)
- Carry out surveys, inspections, schedules etc and the overall management of minor works projects in the South East
- Design and Specification including the preparation of drawings
- Attendance at / and leading on meetings with clients and other technical specialists;
- Delivery and management of project teams to ensure projects are on time and budget.
- Contributing technical skills and knowledge to the team in order to maintain and improve the quality of our work and the expertise of our people;
Requirements of the Building Surveyor:
- A BSc (Hons) in Building Surveying or a similar degree accredited by RICS
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Revit would be an advantage. Proficient at CAD is essential as a minimum
- Experience in professional building surveying services
- Mathematical ability and an understanding of the need for accuracy in all your work
- Technical surveying knowledge, demonstrating growing experience and ability
- A focus on client satisfaction and have experience of liaising directly with clients
- IT literate -a sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office and other software packages including CAD / Revit and NBS specification writer etc
Benefits: 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance, professional membership fees paid plus extra flexible benefits.
What happens next: Click apply today and our dedicated Surveying recruiter, Kevin Rose, will contact you to discuss the details of this opportunity in more depth.