Quantity Surveyor Role - Slough - Design and Build
Hays Construction in Reading are delighted to be working with regional contractor who are looking to recruit a Quantity surveyor on a permanent basis in their Slough H/O to assist them in delivering a high number of Construction Projects in the Berkshire and South West London area. This is a really exciting time to join the organisation, their projects are both diverse and complex offering the perfect professional challenge for an experienced quantity surveyor.
Reporting to the Commercial Manager this role will effectively be to support and assist the Quantity Surveying department to ensure that the commercial and contractual aspects of projects are properly managed and controlled to an efficient manner to meet the demands of the business.
Key responsibilities are:
- Identify, communicate and quantify commercial risks and opportunities, including preparation and submission of variations/compensation events, extension of time and loss and/or expense claims, including submission of associated notices.
- To carry out the re-measurement of quantities in accordance with standard methods and procedures
- Provide assistance, support and guidance on commercial issues and developing a culture of contractual awareness in project teams
- Preparation of interim valuations/applications for payment including negotiating project final accounts
- Produce internal cost/value reports
- Administrate subcontractors/supplier accounts, including the monitoring and processing of payments and settlement of final accounts
- Preparation of technical estimates
- Evaluation of hours allowed at tender stage and reconciliation of hours worked within the fabrication process
In order to be considered for this position you will need to be able to demonstrate an excellent track record of delivering on large scale projects as a Quantity Surveyor. Ideally to have experience in commercial management of subcontractors, valuations and final negotiations. My client is keen to meet with people who have a strong desire to work with and for the best in the field and who are willing to go above and beyond to exceed their clients expectations.
You will need:
Working towards or achieved a degree level qualification in quantity surveying
Previous experience of working as a quantity surveyor
What you need to do now If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now. If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Quantity Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly