Executive Commercial Director
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly experienced Executive Cost/Commercial to work client side on a large mixed use development and be based in Riyadh. Candidates applying for this position must have a minimum 18 years’ experience, a bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying and must have extensive experience working on large mixed use programmes in the Middle East. Ideal candidates applying for this position will have held director level positions on large mixed use projects in the GCC.
- Oversee the commercial delivery of the programme
- Manage a team of Commercial Managers
- Risk management to procurement, financial reporting and managing the supply chain.
- Financial management of budget and cost control for the overall programme
- Claims Management – review, identify and track causes, check validity, assess time and cost impacts and make recommendations to the client
- Contract Management and Administration including the supervision, review, monitoring, evaluation and reporting on all consultant and contractor contracts
- Among the qualities such individuals must possess are strong commercial awareness, strong client liaison skills, project management and team leadership. They also need an extensive understanding of the construction industry, flexibility and a talent for negotiation
- Assist with the execution of estimates, plus the delivery to the clients.
- Prepares and issues periodic cost reports to senior technical staff.
- Reviews and prepare cash flow and issues to senior technical staff.
- With minimal supervision, reviews all change orders in accordance with the client’s approval process.
- Reviews all invoices for the project and ensures that junior technical staff codes the invoices where applicable and forwards them to the client’s accounts payable department.
- With minimal supervision, provides procurement services for the client, where applicable, for construction and engineering services, including preparing RFP and bid analysis.
- Where applicable, overviews and reports to the client on contractor buyout of subcontract bid packages.
- Review payment requisitions, walk the project, assess percentage of work complete with the project team and make recommendations.
- Attends cost meetings to review procurement status and change order status with the contractors and engineering teams.
- Attend and chair project, cost and other meetings as required.
- With minimal supervision, provides cost information on value engineering analysis.
- Reviews the contractors close out administration and ensures that they meet their contractual requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in quantity surveying or civil engineering
- Held a director’s level position on a large mixed use programme in the GCC
- Minimum 18 post graduate experience
- Minimum 8 years experience in the GCC
- Must be a chartered engineer or surveyor