Geotechnical Engineer - Manchester- £Negotiable
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Geotechnical Engineer to join their successful team based in Manchester
You will be joining a Geotechnical and Environmental Consultancy that offers a range of services including:
- site investigations
- desk studies
- geotechnical engineering assessment
- investigations of chemical and gaseous contaminated sites
- building fabric surveys
The successful Geotechnical Engineer will hold between two to five years experience of geo-environmental/geotechnical engineering with both strong fieldwork and reporting skills. The main duties of the role are:
- Write Phase 1, desk study reports including factual aspects, advising on geotechnical constraints, potential risk from contamination due to previous or adjoining land use and recommending the invasive investigation work phase.
- Supervision of site investigations to direct fieldwork, record trial hole and borehole, undertake insitu testing, organise and retain soil samples for future analysis
- Set laboratory testing for contamination and geotechnical purposes
- Prepare factual and interpretive geo-environmental and geotechnical reports. Geo-environmental reports include contamination assessments, determining the remedial strategies and validating remediation schemes and reporting on associated matters. Geotechnical reports include geotechnical constraints on future development, impacts on construction materials and techniques, and providing solutions/design parameters for sub-structure options related to the development proposals.
- Liaison with clients, design team professionals, approval bodies and individuals on project matters.
- Assist in all areas of project administration as required including (but not exclusively), general enquiries, report production, resource planning, programming, ordering, and similar matters.
For more information on this role please contact Neil Ellerton of Penguin Recruitment on 01792 341 104. Alternatively, you can send through a copy of your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org