£38,738 to £50,629 and car or car allowance of £5,816 plus benefits
Location: Mobile - South East
As a CITB Local Manager, the purpose of the role is to influence and enable effective relationships with employers and partner organisations at local level to ensure that the construction industry has the supply of skills that it needs.
This role takes a lead on forming local partnerships across employers, employer representative groups, educators, clients, local strategy and funding decision makers. Strategic aptitude, communication and negotiation skills are important to the role, in order to form and maintain partnerships that will ensure skills demand is met through the suitable and sufficient supply of people and skills. The role will also be to influence long term planning and appropriate funding of skills supply and to provide the intelligence to policy makers that will inform national agendas for the construction industry.
This role is mobile – the role portfolio includes responsibility for high level engagement across local areas broadly aligned to the geographic areas identified above for each of the roles. The role will also support a project-based portfolio that may be GB wide.
This exciting role will involve nationwide travel and will provide wide scope and varied challenges on a day to day basis - so effective self-management will be a key requirement.
You will be able to demonstrate the essential skills required to be successful in the role including:
- Effective strategic awareness and influencing skills
- Effective negotiation skills
- Collaboration and Delegation skills
- Effective Time Management and Self-Management
- Excellent customer service orientation
- Excellent literacy and numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Appreciation of quality processes
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- An understanding of the needs of the construction industry and the skills & education environment is desirable in this challenging role.
Frequent travel across local areas and Great Britain will be a requirement of the role.
CITB is the Industrial Training Board and partner in the Sector Skills Council for the Construction Industry.
We are devoted to building competitive advantage for the construction industry and the people who work in it. We seek to make a difference by ensuring:
- Individuals have the skills to compete for the best jobs and develop fulfilling careers;
- The industry has the skills to meet its clients’ needs and future challenges;
- UK Plc has an industry that is world class and can compete with the best on the world stage.
We offer excellent training and prospects, as well as an attractive salary and benefits package including a defined contributions pension scheme.
How to Apply
Please submit your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please quote ref 009/19 on all correspondence.
CV's will not be accepted.
Closing date: 11 February 2019.
Interviews will take place in London on Tuesday 26 February 2019.
Click here to apply https://www.citb.co.uk/jobs/search-jobs-apply/local-manager-2201-18111/
CITB seeks to build a workforce that reflects Britain’s diverse population and welcomes applications from all qualified and eligible candidates. Appointment will be based solely on merit and under-represented groups are encouraged to apply.