QS required for great permanent opportunity
Experienced QS required for successful construction related business offering a Generous Package.
Full Time Permanent Contract
Salary Guide: Up to c. £65,000 + Bonus + Car / Allowance
Located: Bedford Area
With a turnover in excess of £100m and due to continued success and expansion across Europe our client is urgently seeking an experienced QS.
Sub Contractor experience coupled with a proven track record in flooring and waterproofing businesses - would be advantageous.
Reporting to the Commercial Director, the key responsibilities and duties will involve:-
* Understanding contracts, specifically valuation dates, how and who can authorise variations.
* Issue Commencement and Completion Notices to Main Contractors.
* Ensure all variations to program are documented and all correspondence is up to date.
* Ensure Monthly Valuation / Applications are sent on time and copied to Credit Controller.
* Manage cash flow / payment notices and advise Commercial Director before submitting to client.
* Agree final accounts with Commercial Director before submitting to client.
* Deal with contractual problems punctually.
* Manage variations / instructions on a monthly basis ensuring no problems or monies are rolled over.
* Monitor and report all anomaly costs and adverse revenues to the Commercial Director
* Manage sales & projections and agree with the Commercial Director
In order to be considered for this role - it is essential that you have the following attributes:
* Highly numerate and articulate
* Trained Quantity Surveyor
* Ability to multi-task
* Negotiation skills
* CSCS qualified
* Possess a good understanding of Construction Law
* Health & Safety
* Microsoft Excel
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.