Setting out Engineer (Civils)
Site Engineer/ Setting out Engineer (Civils)
Salary up to £40,000 + Benefits
Our client, a successful, well-established, growing civil engineering and road surfacing company, employing over 35 people are actively seeking an experienced Site Engineer/Setting out Engineer to join the team in Newport on a permanent basis. Working across sites in Newport the team mainly carries out the construction of roads, car parks, retaining walls, marine works, bridges, drainage and associated works. You will join a friendly and supportive team environment and our client is offering a healthy starting salary plus benefits package.
In order to be considered for this Site Engineer role you will have;
- Experience in setting out is essential, preferably over 2 years.
- Degree, or equivalent, in Engineering or a similar discipline. - Your own KIT. (this is beneficial but not needed)
- Prior knowledge of housing works.
Working as a Site Engineer you;
- Supervise Site
- Maintain documentary records to a high standard
- Assist the PM in project management and delegating responsibilities
- Prepare method statements
- Brief the site team including subcontractors
- Setting out
- Ensure contractual targets are met
- Collect data
- To be responsible for own health and safety and prepare risk assessment activities.
In order to discuss this Site Engineer role and other roles within Engineering please call MIKAELA on 01792 341104 or email your CV to Mikaela.Rabaiotti@penguinrecruitment.co.uk