Senior Electrical Design Engineer
Senior Electrical Design Engineer - Croydon - Up to £55k + Benefits - CAD - Permanent - Immediate
Your new company
A well-established Design Consultancy are currently on the lookout for a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join the team based in Croydon. For 20 years they have been designing for schools and colleges, retail and leisure, commercial buildings to major regeneration, and been involved in award winning schemes. Due to continued growth and increased workload they now require a Senior Electrical Design Engineer to join the team.
Your new role
The Senior Electrical Design Engineers role will be to oversee junior staff and undertake engineering designs, provide project management and administration duties and to monitor design team costs taking into account the programme and budget provided for each of the projects. You will also be responsible for undertaking fee assessments and providing fee bids for projects as directed.
The Senior Electrical Engineers role is summarised as follows :-
- To implement company procedures policy.
- To carry out Electrical design and project management of various types of projects in accordance with the company aims and policies.
- To manage design team and provide electrical engineering support to all electrical engineers
- Liaise with clients and attend meetings on all aspects of the projects.
- Maintain and expand their client base.
- Carry out surveys and produce reports.
- Carry out quality inspections of projects.
- Use CAD systems in line with company procedures.
- Monitor financial aspects of projects.
- Formulate Electrical standards within the organisation.
What you'll need to succeed
It is essential you have experience / knowledge of:
- Working in a consultancy
- Working for a large contractor in a design capacity
- Project management of multi-disciplinary projects
- Producing detailed specifications
- Productions of design calculations using manual and software type
- CAD experience essential
- Production of tender packages
- Production of budget costings for all aspects of services
- Direct Client Liaison
- CIBSE Guides
- IEE Regulations
- CDM Regulations
- British Standards
- Qualified to at least HNC or Degree Level
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary of up to £60k + Excellent benefits and career progression opportunities.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.