Commercial Lead - Mixed Use
We have an exciting requirement for a Head of Commercial to join a leading developer in Dubai and oversee their commercial and contractual activities. The candidate placed in this position will be responsible for identifying and mitigating risk whilst optimizing commercial performance and results. Candidates applying for this position must have 12+ years’ experience within the construction industry, a Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying, experience working on large scale master plans and MUST have experience working for a developer.
- Identify and mitigate risk, optimize commercial performance and results
- Evaluate, recommend upon, implements and monitor commercial strategy for our clients ongoing projects and future developments
- Take lead role and engage with and actively support legal in the resolution of longstanding legacy related matters and report to the Executive Director – Property with recommended solutions and implement agreed solutions
- Engage with and actively support contracts and procurement department in the development of bespoke suites of contract conditions striking the correct balance of risk which will ensure the protection of our client’s interest whilst securing market engagement.
- Take a lead coordination role and engage with the internal audit department and other section heads within the Property Department to facilitate internal and external audits as well as risk management.
- Leading the commercial activities on our client’s mega developments
- Participate in key decisions pertaining to strategic and operational initiatives
- Ensuring all business decisions are based on solid financial fundamentals
- Provide insight and analysis to support executive management to ensure our clients mega developments are completed on time and are economically viable
- Evaluate feasibility studies and business cases which key focus on costs and revenue assumptions underpinning scenarios presented
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets
- Oversee preparation and maintenance of financial analysis and performance reports
- Development and implementation or commercial policies and procedures
- Risk management
- Developments, upgrade and compliance of delegation of authorities
- Bachelor’s degree in Quantity Surveying
- MRICs preferred
- 12+ years experience within the construction industry
- Experience on large scale masterplan developments
- Strong commercial and contractual background
Extensive experience working for a developer