Digital Construction Lead
1 day left
- Job Type
BRE is undertaking a major research and development programme in the construction sector together with an alliance of partners and stakeholders. This is to deliver the Construction Innovation Hub (CIH) focusing on offsite construction and digital technologies and processes, supported by a £72m grant from UKRI (https://transformingconstruction.org.uk/). The work of the CIH will continue beyond the period of this grant.
This exciting new role is for a Digital Construction Lead to lead and coordinate research including areas such as BIM, construction product data, digitised building regulations and data assurance. Reporting to the Technical Lead, you will also work closely with our partners, the Manufacturing Technology Centre (MTC) and Centre for Digital Built Britain (CDBB) regarding the wider programme.
BRE is a world leading, multi-disciplinary, building science centre with a mission to improve buildings and infrastructure, through research, knowledge dissemination and the delivery of a wide range of services.
The role of the Digital Construction Lead will be to:
- Work closely with the other Technical Leads and Programme Manager to scope the technical work programme in this area
- Map the Digital Construction landscape to give context to the programme and identify existing capabilities and knowledge across industry and academia
- Lead engagement with internal and external stakeholders to shape the technical programme
- Develop detailed project specifications for the resulting R&D projects
- Oversee the delivery of the Digital Construction projects, ensuring outputs are on time and meet requirements
- Keep up to date with innovations in the market place
- Write technical reports and review the technical reports of others
- Deliver presentations at conferences and workshops
- Attend regular technical meetings with partners in Coventry, Cambridge, and London
Skills and Experience
The candidate should have:
- Substantial experience of working in roles related to Digital Construction
- Good knowledge of BIM and information management in construction
- Experience of performing research or development projects
- A relevant engineering degree
- The ability to communicate complex information effectively to a wide range of audiences
- Proven ability to work on complex programmes whilst maintaining focus on delivery
- Experience of preparing technical reports and other collateral
Location of Role
- You will be based in BRE in Watford however ad hoc travel will be required in the south of England and Midlands
BRE is an equal opportunities employer.
While this advert may state a specific location or hours, we encourage flexibility and are happy to have a conversation on how this role could be fulfilled in a different way