Contracts Manager - Civil Engineering & Power contractor
Contracts Manager – Civil Engineering & Power Contractor
- Do you have experience leading Utility projects?
- Do you have a background in managing teams of Supervisors, and Agents?
- Have you got the desire and ability to help grow a Utility division within an ambitious Civil Engineering contractor?
If so this could be the job for you....
An expanding Civil Engineering contractor requires a Contracts Manager to lead a long-term UK Power Networks framework. This contractor has a current turnover of over £50m and has the ambition to become a market leader within the industry in the next 5 years.
They require an experienced Contracts Manager to join them to drive the business forward, and put the processes and procedures in place to win and deliver works across the power sector, as well as manage a portfolio of projects and a team of Supervisors & Agents across the London region.
Duties will include:
- Resource management (gangs / projects planning)
- Project manager / Senior PM management
- Client engagement and bid development, tendering
- Liaising with estimating department and assisting with estimates
Ideal candidate will have knowledge in:
- Project management – contracts, commercials, cost plans, programmes, risk management, HSEQ
- Operations on site – construction knowledge of utilities
- Compliance knowledge
- Very good communication skills – able to diffuse situations, engage with field and clients
- Very good IT skills – powerpoint / word / excel