Managing Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering & Utilities contractor
Managing Quantity Surveyor required for marquee projects with Tier 1 Civil Engineering contractor
This Tier 1 Civil Engineering contractor has the need for a Managing Quantity Surveyor to join their team working on heavy civil engineering & utilities projects in Central London. They require an experienced Quantity Surveyor with a history of using NEC contracts, building substantial Excel based spreadsheets, and good inter-personal skills.
The company has an extremely impressive order book for the next few years with marquee projects such as Tideway and HS2 currently in progress.
- Manage the commercial resources to maximise gross margin through the placement and control of contracts and subcontracts
- Provide commercial expertise to contracts, to include the production and submission of valuations, claims, budget monitoring, and contract/workstream performance data
- Assess, review and mitigate commercial and contractual risks and implement policies for risk management
- Support the authorisation and submission of project variations. To authorise the placement of contracts, subcontracts, material and plant orders
- Maximise cash flow through the control, measurement (including quality) and valuation of work, and the invoicing of customers and payment of suppliers
- Value work executed by sub-contractors and certify interim and final payments.
- Implement all policies including those for SHE and risk management
- Promote value towards customers in order to meet or exceed their expectations
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Holds the relevant qualifications to Degree level
- Experience within a similar role
- Proficient in the use of MS Office in particular Excel
Apply for Managing Quantity Surveyor - Civil Engineering & Utilities contractor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly