Product Development Specialist
We have an exciting opportunity for a Product Development Specialist to join a semi-governmental organization within the UAE and help develop and manage the total relationship with strategic customer accounts. Serve as the single point of contact and ultimate guardian of the customer relationship, managing a team of resources to meet objectives. This role require a candidate who has extensive prior experience negotiating with shipping companies and has deal with product shipping negotiations, times and contracts.
- Act as the principal point of contact with customers in scoping, negotiating and closing transactions and / or contracts for the provision of services by our client.
- Establish and implement a plan to develop a major customer account from a strong operational relationship into a more strategic relationship, ensuring leads are prioritized
- Work with Pricing Specialist to maintain a pricing model for all our clients services to compile and issue quotations and offers
- Develop and maintain the necessary models, tools and techniques to enable our client to assess and quantify risks and opportunities in any offer/transaction so as to ensure offers made by our client and subsequently closed maintain margins in all reasonable scenarios
- Working closely with the Legal Counsel, ensure that a detailed file is kept of all dealings with all customers, either potential or actual to enable future audit and review as necessary
- Ensure that a standard template and approved list of contract clauses is maintained for all our client’s activity
- Working closely with the Risk Expert to ensure that an up to date model of the aggregate risk entered into by our client in all sales transactions is maintained
- Work with the Account Managers to identify opportunities in the customer account(s) for selling additional services
- Define sales target and approach by product offering and business lines in this segment
- Qualify and develop a strong pipeline of new business growth opportunities; develop and close sales opportunities to deliver top line growth
- Develop and implement ancillary business strategies to maximize non-fare/freight revenues