Architectural Technician required on contract to support a design studio on a challenging project through construction working drawings.
My client is a leading AJ120 architectural practice, with multiple studios across the UK and in S.E. Asia. They offer their clients a full range of architectural services, including masterplanning and interior design.
They work in numerous sectors and are best known for their work on a number of high profile projects on Airports, Commercial and Retail & Leisure Sectors. They excel in design and approach every project as one unto its own, starting with an ambition to understand the project's core essence and to then develop a bespoke architectural solution, in collaboration and open dialogue with the client.
The practice is fully implemented to BIM level two are they active in promoting its benefits to clients and the wider construction industry.
You will support ona particularly challenging project, through the RIBA PoW, with critical emphasis on RIBA stages 2-5. Duties will include:
- Understanding brief and taking project from concept through design development;
- You will prepare technical and working drawing packages;
- Collate information for planning approvals;
- Produce feasibility studies and surveys;
- Liaise with clients and contractors throughout the process;
- Undertake site visits and inspections as required;
- Ensure compliance with design, legal, statutory and professional requirements.
You must have excellent knowledge of various construction methods and typologies and an excellent understanding of Revit.
Competitive hourly salary, with opportunity for contract to be open ended.