Your new company
Hays Architecture have been appointed exclusively by a sales, design, manufacturing and marketing organisation to recruit a talented Architectural Technician to join their expanding team. Working out of their head office in the Glenrothes area this organisation is offering a graduate Architect or Architectural Technician the opportunity to be trained and progress their career in the Architecture and design field.
Your new role
In this position you will take responsibility for designing and redesigning the best solutions for different projects, keeping a focus on creating affordable, bright and energy efficient buildings. You will be involved in all aspects of the project, including partner sales meetings where you will present your ideas for product programme solutions and ensure full connections with partners and their value chain.
Your tasks will include :
- Supporting two teams (Professional House Builders and Commercial Projects) by providing a full range of architectural services.
- Supporting external partners by developing projects, participating in meetings, proposing new concepts and providing advice for daylight and ventilation/comfort solutions.
- Designing project specifications, daylight analysis, indoor analysis and technical drawings to improve indoor climate.
- Creating project sales materials in PowerPoint.
- Carrying out assessment and inspections throughout and at the end of projects.
- Communicating any risks or issues that may arise to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Working with Marketing on finished projects and other marketing related tasks.
- Provide high calibre drawings on a number of projects across varying sectors, such as public housing, housebuilder, commercial, education, health etc.
What you'll need to succeed
You will require a degree or equivalent in an Architectural discipline to be selected for interview for this role. This post will suit a recent graduate, or someone more experienced who is looking for the chance to join a dynamic sales and manufacturing business. Demonstrable experience and proficiency in programmes such as AutoCAD and Adobe Photoshop is essential, it would also be advantageous to have Revit knowledge. Confident communication style is ideal for this role, as you will be expected to interact and participate in sales meetings and not be afraid to share your ideas. An ability and willingness to travel out with normal base location is also essential for this position, this role will involve some travel locally and abroad.
What you'll get in return
This organisation offers a competitive salary and a range of fantastic benefits including a great holiday allowance, pension scheme, private healthcare and medical cash back scheme. This organisation will also offer support and extensive training programmes to anyone who joins the business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Architectural Technician
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly