Junior Asbestos Surveyor
Junior Asbestos Surveyor, Multidisciplinary Construction Consultancy, Belfast, Permanent, £Negotiable.
Your new company
Hays are working with a leading local multidisciplinary construction consultancy, operating across Building Surveying, Quantity Surveying, Project Management and CDM Co-ordination. Due to the expansion of their workload, a position for a Junior Asbestos Surveyor has become available.
Your new role
This role is to inspect buildings for asbestos and accurately report the findings, in accordance with legislation, guidance and company procedures. Main Duties:
- Building inspections. To include, management and refurbishment/demolition Asbestos surveys
- Liaise with tenants and client representatives in a professional manner
- Sampling in accordance with HSG264 and company Quality Manual
- Record data accurately on company database, via a tablet device
- Accurately record sample information onto sample bags and sample labels
- Produce accurate electronic site plans, where necessary and accurately record all sample locations and material extent onto final plans
- Check plans against data on tablet and sample bags, prior to submission
- Ensure all samples taken are submitted to the laboratory for analysis, within the client specified time frame
- Ensure all locations are photographed
- Upload all survey data to the company database, at least daily
- Quality Assurance checks of report accuracy
- Comply with the Health and Safety procedures
- Comply with procedures in accordance to quality manual and current HSE Guidance
What you'll need to succeed
To be considered for this position you should possess a full clean driving license with access to a car, you should be a well presented individual with strong communication skills. You must be well organised and willing to learn and develop your skills.
What you'll get in return
You will work with a large team of construction professionals with a very busy portfolio of work. Full training will be provided along with a competitive basic salary.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.