Architectural and Technical Manager
Architectural and Technical Manager invited to join an established privately owned developer and lead a team of technicians through the architectural design and planning process for start on site, and then support site with technical aspects.
Privately owned developer with a refreshing approach to house building. Keeping all aspects in house, there is great control over all aspects of the development process through all departments from land acquisition through to sales.
They enforce a fully collaborative working method with all function heads meeting up regularly to ensure transparency and fluidity on movement of information. Alongside this, they promote working autonomously, moving away from micromanagement, whilst still encouraging colleagues across all levels to support and help as needed.
This role will report directly into the board and will have your time split equally across people management as well as working yourself on live sites. You will the main point of contact for all Architectural, design and planning aspects of the developments and be required to delegate duties to members of your team as decided from weekly meetings with your the senior management team. You will also be "hands-on", doing yourself what your team are and truly leading from the front.
- You must have residential experience for this role, ideally with/from another developer or from consultancy/practice working on residential schemes.
- An understanding of housebuilding processes and all that in required to move schemes forward through to start on site.
- A good command of AutoCAD is essential and knowledge of other softwares will be a bonus.
- Excellent communication skills too are mandatory, as this is really what drives the business and ensures their success.
- You will ambitious but not to the detriment of your colleagues and have a collaborative mind-site, to move your team and the business forward together.
Competitive starting salary with great benefits in a relaxed environment that works together as one and not silo-ed into independent departments. You will be given as much autonomy and/or support as you need to be successful in this role.