Senior Resident Engineer
7 days left
Senior Resident Engineer – Roads and Infrastructure
50k – 55k AED pm (tax-free)
We are currently searching for an Arabic speaking Senior Resident Engineer, with specialist experience in Roads and Infrastructure projects, on behalf of a global engineering consultancy building a team for a large-scale prestigious infrastructure project in Abu Dhabi. Our client delivers world class engineering projects across the GCC region and as such are looking for a talented individual who can perpetuate their values of excellence across the project. If you are a Senior Resident Engineer looking to for your next role with a highly respected organization, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Reporting to the Construction Director; administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, some of your duties will include:
- General supervision and monitoring of Resident Engineers in their responsibilities as the Engineer.
- Leading and monitoring the construction supervision team in compliance with the project specification and schedule.
- Responsibility for construction supervision, quality control, financial control, hand over and other site operations. Maintaining clear line of communication with the client, advising of any delays.
- Management of any changes in agreement with the Employer and issuance of authorized instructions to the Contractor, as appropriate.
- Provide claims review/analysis support, including dispute resolution.
- Chair the progress meetings with the Employer and report on any issues.
- Monitor concerned Authority/Agency approvals and report to client/contractor where needed.
- Monitor and report on deficiencies related to planned resources.
- Review Contractor’s progress reports, whilst monitoring and managing the as-built records.
- Provide final approval to Works and arrange handover and manage the contract close out activities.
- Fully accountable and responsible for ensuring the Project Safety Plan is in place and functioning from the beginning of the project; and developing the PSP.
- Ensure that all daily diaries are maintained.
You will need:
- Bachelors degree or higher in relevant Civil Engineering field, from an internationally recognised University.
- 20+ years post graduate experience in design or construction management of large-scale major roads & infrastructure projects in the Gulf Region.
- C.Eng or PE registration is preferred.
- Proven track record in the management of Engineering professionals on large-scale infrastructure schemes.
- Fluency in both English and Arabic languages (both written and spoken) with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
If you are interested in the aforementioned role, please do apply via the link, or contact Tom Fitzpatrick directly at email@example.com.
Apply for Senior Resident Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly