Principal Geotechnical Engineer
7 days left
Principal Geotechnical Engineer – Buildings and Infrastructure
SAR 50k – 55k pm (tax-free) + Accommodation + Utilities
We are currently searching for a Principal Geotechnical Engineer, with specialist experience in Infrastructure and Building projects, on behalf of a global engineering consultancy building a team for a large-scale infrastructure project in Western Saudi Arabia. Our client delivers world class engineering projects across the GCC and as such are looking for a talented individual to provide Geotechnical support to assist the efforts of various Civil Engineering teams across the project. If you are a Principal Geotechnical Engineer looking to for your next role with a highly respected organization, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, some of your duties will include:
- Prepare technical approach and an implementation plan for the development of Engineering Standards, Procedures, Manuals, and Specifications.
- Exercise familiarity with building foundations and subgrades as well as infrastructure subgrades, utility trenching and trench box construction, OSHA safety standards for workers in excavation pits and work in hazardous areas in large utility trenches.
- Review of Architect/Engineer plans, specifications, and calculations to provide comments and resolutions to deficiencies in the design documentation.
- Recommend geotechnical software to be used in the department to evaluate and check engineer calculations and plans provided by the AE design firm.
- Coordinate with all relevant stakeholders and government authorities plus developers, consultants and contractors.
You will need:
- Bachelor’s degree from an internationally recognized university.
- Minimum 15 years of experience in geotechnical, engineering, consulting and or design services.
- Registration as a professional/chartered engineer is required.
- Previous experience working in the Middle East is preferred, but not required.
- Strong skills in MS Excel, MS Word and knowledge of the following or similar types of software SVSLOPE, PLAXIS, ALLPILE, QULT, Civil 3D, or other programs.
- Knowledge of Arabic language is a plus.
If you are interested in the aforementioned role, please do apply via the link, or contact Tom Fitzpatrick directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly