Facilities & Estates Coordinator
Your new company
This prestigious charity was founded over 275 years ago and is globally renowned for its pioneering work with adoption and creating better chances for children. Due to the growth of this organisation and an increase in projects, there is now a need for a dynamic Facilities/Estates Coordinator to join the fast-paced busy environment.
Your new role
The position is a Facilities/Estates Coordinator. As the Facilities/Estates Coordinator you will be involved in both strategic planning and day-to-day operations, particularly in relation to buildings and premises. Likely areas of responsibility include:
- Procurement and contract management
- Building and grounds maintenance
- Health and Safety
Typical tasks may include
- Preparing documents to put out tenders for contractors;
- Project management and supervising and coordinating work of contractors;
- Investigating availability and suitability of options for new premises;
- Calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value for money;
- Planning for future development in line with strategic business objectives;
- Managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities;
- Directing, coordinating and planning essential central services such as reception, security, maintenance, archiving, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling;
- Ensuring the building meets health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with legislation;
- Keeping staff safe;
- Planning best allocation and utilisation of space and resources for new buildings, or re-organising current premises;
- Checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies;
- Coordinating and leading one or more teams to cover various areas of responsibility;
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement;
- Responding appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise and dealing with the consequences.
What you'll need to succeed A good standard of general health and safety knowledge is required. Ideally:
- NEBOSH or IOSH.
- Fire Awareness
- Asbestos Awareness.
- Fire Procedures - Appliances.
- Emergency Evacuation Planning
You will be responsible for managing:
- Utilities and communications infrastructure;
- Space management/location
What you'll get in return:
In return you will be rewarded with a very competitive annual salary, a 6 months fixed term contract which will become permanent and paid for training, certifications and professional development.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.