Maintenance and servicing of in store fridges and freezers
Your new company
Your new role
Maintenance and servicing of in store fridges and freezers, responding to reactive calls, maintaining equipment and repairing breakdowns as soon as possible to limit impact on stores and sales. Conduct audits and installations and make recommendations for equipment upgrades.
- Field based engineer role, van and equipment provided (van is for business travel only)
- Responsibility for 18+ stores with multi site responsibilities Iceland, Refits and Food Warehouse
What you'll need to succeed
- Carrying out refrigeration engineering activities to agreed standards and priorities, working with minimal supervision.
- Supervising less experienced colleagues and take responsibility for the overall technical quality of their work.
- Technically to be generally proficient in coldroom and integral case maintenance and to seek support for more complex fault finding on remote refrigeration and coldroom installations.
- Monitor all outstanding calls within their assigned area which exceed 2 days and take necessary remedial actions. Plan to eliminate any delays.
What you'll get in return
- Door 2 door, paid from when they leave the house until they return
- 45 hour contract
- Working hours 8.00am - 5pm (anything over this is classed as overtime) standard hours, but we do allow some flexibility e.g. early starts to avoid traffic
- Average hours overtime is 10 hours per week, with more hours available
- On call (standby) is one week on and 4 weeks off (This can vary by team, but this is the most we aim for)
- Saturday is paid at time and a half (If called out)
- Sunday is paid at double time (If called out)
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Staff discount card
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Refrigeration Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly