Senior Property Manager
Interim role - Senior Property Manager - Inside IR35 - Public Sector - 3 month rolling - up to £45 p/h
Your new company
This is a well-established public sector organisation based in South London.
Their offices are located near local trains and bus stops, making this a very easy location to reach.
The Valuation and Asset Management team are now looking for an experienced Property Manager, on a 3 month rolling contract, with possibility of extension.
You will join a small team of professionals and you will be reporting to the head of Valuation.
Your new role
The job purpose is:
To undertake the client-side role for the external estate management contract as well as officer and Member facing work in parallel with the Head of Valuation and Asset Management Service.
To oversee the management of the organisation's investment portfolio which generates a combined revenue of approximately £10 million per annum; lettings related to the operational portfolio and the identification and acquisition of suitable investment opportunities to augment the revenue budgets.
Some of your duties include:
* Allocation of work to external Valuation Contractors, monitoring the quality and delivery of the work to ensure it meets acceptable professional standards, performance indicators and taking action to improve the quality where needed as well as managing all commercial property related litigation.
* Agreement and certification of fees for work commissioned, as well as monitoring and managing the contractor's performance in collection of rents.
* Prepare written reports
* Procurement of specialist consultants both in surveying and other property related disciplines where needed for specific cases.
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will need:
* Extensive experience in a similar role, ideally working for a public sector organisation.
* Knowledge and experience dealing with Valuation and estate management matters
* Experience working client-side
* Thorough knowledge and up-to-date understanding of the legislation and best practice relating to local authority asset management, disposals, acquisitions and development.
* Political awareness - Establishes positive and appropriate relationships with Members, demonstrating political understanding and sensitivity.
* Experience of undertaking negotiations with third party organisations on property matters.
* Degree in estate management
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well-established public sector organisation and will benefit from a competitive hourly rate as well as the possibility to work on a long assignment, finally you will be based in an area with great transportation links.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.