Building Surveyor job in liverpool offering £30000 - £40000 + package
Your new company
You will be joining a large international consultancy who place emphasis on training, development and assessment of their staff. An opportunity has arisen for a building surveyor / senior building surveyor to join the team in Liverpool. The role will involve a variety of projects across the public and private sectors.
Your new role
You will be responsible for
*Planned maintenance and improvement schemes supporting numerous local authority frameworks - Project values £10k to £1m;
*Undertaking condition surveys, reports and providing Forward Maintenance plans on a variety of property portfolios and managing the resultant works;
*Regular Party Wall Award, dilapidations negotiations and other professional appointments;
*Contract administration and management of alteration/refurbishment projects for Universities, Colleges and Schools. The responsibilities
* Competent delivery of all contractual and technical aspects of projects with minimum supervision including the delegation and management of junior team members
* Supporting the senior managers in the day-to-day running of the business
* Maintenance of Commercial and Quality Control Procedures for projects under your control
* The use and application of standard forms of building contract, such as JCT/NEC
What you'll need to succeed
* Member of the RICS, with post qualification experience or working towards it
* A BSc (Hons) Building Surveying or similar degree (or equivalent)
* Sound technical surveying knowledge
* Experience managing clients and their expectations coupled with a strong understanding of profitability
* Good sound knowledge of drafting technical documents including bids
* Good AutoCAD skills
* Full understanding of Health and Safety requirements
What you'll get in return
You will be offered an attractive salary, car / allowance depending on level, 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, ability to buy additional holidays too. child care vouchers, gymflex, season ticket loan, pension scheme. Additional benefits package. You will also be offered full training and career development.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.