Development Coordinator for an all-encompassing role across within the Regional Technical team in their West Midlands location, ensuring technical information procured is accurate and received within desired time frames, ready for start on site.
Leading Top 10, continuous 5* House Builder operating regionally throughout the UK. Close-knit technical department with emphasis on communication between all stakeholders within the team, business and externally. They have a high retention rate and are market leading in their training and development programme, with experts who are have achieved national recognition.
This Development Coordinator role will have you cover multiple aspects within the technical department, predominantly Arhitectural and Engineering aspects.
- Liaise and work directly with colleagues to ensure that all designs are coordinated, cross referenced and adhere to all the Legislative, Legal and Physical constraints, thus ensuring that the most commercially robust, practically buildable and technically accurate designs are produced for tendering and building purposes.
- Appoint, brief, challenge and assist all necessary consultants in their delivery of design planning and building technology information for tendering and building purposes in a timely and coordinated manor.
- Help prepare and maintain project tracking schedules and regularly update & report to the relevant manager on progress against agreed design delivery programs that meet the Company's project procurement requirements leading up to and including pre-tender handover to the Commercial Department.
- Submit all necessary material to statutory authorities to discharge planning conditions; NHBC conditions.
- Chair/Present Pre-Tender Meetings and attend & contribute to Site Progress Meetings.
- Coordinate the communication and distribution of design drawings and specifications to the wider business as a matter of priority using the relevant document management procedures.
- Liaise with/ communicate to the rest of the business the roles and responsibilities of those directly responsible for the delivery of other obligations. e.g S106 payments and obligations.
- You will ideally have an Architectural (design or technical) background and have experience working on volume residential development, preferably within a housebuilder.
- A strong understanding of house building processes is mandatory, as you fluidly move a process forward through to build stages where you will provide site with technical assistance.
- You will be a strong communicator, and are comfortable speaking and articulating your thoughts and information.
- It goes without saying that you are very familiar with UK Building Regulations, as well as NHBC requirements and Planning conditions.
- Competitive salary in a stable region of a leading UK developer.
- Excellent stating salary with generous package including car/car allowance, pension, health-care, flexible working and other benefits.
- 25days annual leave with option to buy/sell.