GIS Data Officer
Harlow Council is seeking a professional to assist the GIS Manager, joining the Property and Facilities Team.
This is an opportunity to play a significant role in exercising the Council’s responsibilities in regard to provision of Geographic information (GI), Street Naming and Numbering (SNN) function, development and implementation of Local Land and Property Gazetteer (LLPG).
We recognise and are committed to individuals’ development. There is an opportunity therefore for this role to also be offered as a development plan starting at grade 6 with key planned milestones to reach grade 8, expected within 36 months (terms and conditions apply).
The successful candidate will assist with GI provision; SNN duties; data cleansing and matching to improve quality of the address gazetteer and GI datasets. The role will also require possession of the following attributes (where a development plan is implemented possession of some of these attributes is expected, with opportunity to develop other areas as part of personal development plan, to be agreed at time of offer):
- Knowledgeable – knowledge of working with databases will be held, and you will need, or develop, experience of SN&N service and ability to ensure that address database is BS7666 compliant,
- Responsible – you will manage budget, deliver information on time and provide information others rely on. You will be aware of, or develop awareness via training, of relevant Council’s statutory duties and relevant legislation.
- Technical – you will create and maintain information and records to support various departments within the Council.
- Communicative – You will be communicating with colleagues, Council partners and residents. You will actively promote address geography, The LLPG and GI at the Council, and develop your knowledge of this as required to support this function of the role.
- Analytical – you will interpret various data sets and present results in clear and meaningful way for residents, officers and partners.
Harlow Council offers generous annual leave, employee benefits scheme, an Employee Assistance Programme and Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
Harlow is situated in the M11 corridor, with easy links to Cambridge and North London.
For more information please click the apply button where you will be able to download the JD and Person specification.
To apply please email your completed application form to Harlow Council or by hand to Contact Harlow at the Civic Centre.
Please note: Harlow Council does not accept CVs