Senior Electrical Estimator
Senior Electrical Estimator required for rapidly expanding D&B Contractor
My client is one of the leading M&E Contractors on the South Coast. They run major M&E projects as far North as Birmingham. As demand for their services increase they find themselves looking for an Electrical Estimator to strengthen their Commercial Department.
You will be working on projects in the following sectors:
- Manufacturing and Processing
- High-end Residential
- Refurbishments and Fit-Out
- Science and Research
- Student Accommodation
The successful applicant should have a minimum of 10 years' experience and trade qualifications representative of an Electrical Estimator. They should be capable of demonstrating previous successful experience of electrical estimating within the range of £5,000 to £2 million (electrical value)
You will be able to carry out the following tasks:
- Understand and scrutinise Project Specifications & Drawings
- Meeting with Client and Consultants
- Carry out site visits and surveys
- Measuring and take offs for materials and labour
- Working knowledge of SEC Cypher, Estimating package or similar (not essential but would be preferred)
- Complete tenders within short timescales, common return period between 1 and 3 weeks
- Present tender return sheet to our Mechanical Department for combined issue
- Identify and present tender qualifications and exclusions
- Produce Value Engineering solutions
- Understand and scrutinise M&E Sub-Contractor quotations
- Good working relationship with an already friendly team
Ideally you will come from an M&E Design and Build background. The post offers a real opportunity to contribute to a growing business with a successful growth record and very real prospects.
You will have held a similar Estimating position with an M&E Contractor.