Senior Industrial Designer
Senior Industrial Designer
My award winning client is seeking a highly experienced Senior Industrial Designer to help manage a team of creatives for the delivery of a large transport infrastructure project in Brisbane. The successful candidates (2) will be based in Sydney or Brisbane
but be willing to travel nationally and internationally when required. As a valued member of our team you will work with and be supported by team members across all of our offices.
Candidates need to show a robust knowledge of the full design process and demonstrate experience of delivering detailed technical drawings to production standards.
Experience working in companies specialising in product / industrial design within the transport and public realm sectors is essential.
* Deliver complex, design projects from concept through to site whilst adhering to the design briefs, programmes and budgets.
* Undertake project and user research and develop design briefs with the client team
* Produce and supervise the delivery of coherent
drawings at conceptual stage, tender and construction stages.
* Collaborate with other design disciplines to co-ordinate and deliver designs
* Prepare presentations and design reports
* Manage and motivate our team of mid-weight and junior designers, and keep them up to date with industry trends.
* Lead client pitches and delivery of presentations.
* Identify business opportunities and support the business development team.
* At least 6 years' experience in the delivery of Industrial Design for large architecture and construction projects. Experience in the transport sector preferred. Metro/Rail
* Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Industrial Design or related subject
* Proven track record in leading teams of designers and architects on large scale architecture and construction projects
* Experience in the delivery of complex mock-up and prototyping programs. For architectural components, furniture and lighting etc
* Detailed understanding of technical requirements of large rail infrastructure
* User experience focused design approach which places people first.
* Collaborative working approach with leading architectural, engineering and contractor firms.
* Project Management Experience
* Excellent ability to present complex ideas to a diverse audience, including clients, general public, engineers and architects.
* Ability to lead, motivate and mentor a team
* Fluent in SolidWorks, Rhino, Autocad, Revit and various rendering programs (3DS Max, VRAY, KeyShot)
* Detailed knowledge of manufacturing processes
* Detailed understanding of BCA and relevant rail standards
* Detailed understanding of Architectural Principles, Lighting Design, Acoustics, MEP Integration, Transport specific systems
* Detailed understanding of User Experience Design
* Proactive, collaborative and works well under pressure
* Must have strong hand drawing skills.
Visa not required