Architecturally biased Technical Coordinator required for volume developer in the West Midlands to look after all architectural aspects of a new build development, from planning through to completion.
UK leading house builder operating on a regional model. Within the technical team, work is mixture of production in-house and utilising external consultants. This role sits within one of their newest regions, which was a strategic move to ensure measured and sustainable growth, without compromising quality.
As a business, they are receptive to change and ideas in order to put quality and their customer's first - whether they be their own employees or more directly home buyers. Refreshingly they have moved away from a cost-centric attitude and are now focused on looking at what value can be added and its positive impact.
This role will predominantly coordinating between all stakeholders (internal colleagues in various departments and external consultants) to ensure technical information is received in a timely manor and ensure accuracy ready for start on site. Key responsibilities will include:
- Appoint, brief, challenge and assist all necessary consultants in their delivery of design planning and building technology information for tendering and building purposes in a timely and coordinated manor
- Help prepare and maintain project tracking schedules and regularly update & report to the relevant manager on progress against agreed design delivery programs that meet the Company's project procurement requirements leading up to and including pre-tender handover to the Commercial Department
- Submit all necessary material to statutory authorities to discharge planning conditions; NHBC conditions
- Chair/Present Pre-Tender Meetings and attend & contribute to Site Progress Meetings
- Coordinate the communication and distribution of design drawings and specifications to the wider business as a matter of priority using the relevant document management procedures
- Liaise with/ communicate to the rest of the business the roles and responsibilities of those directly responsible for the delivery of other obligations. e.g S106 payments and obligations
- Liaise and work directly with the Civil Engineers to ensure that all designs are coordinated, cross referenced and adhere to all the Legislative, Legal and Physical constraints, thus ensuring that the most commercially robust, practically buildable and technically accurate designs are produced for tendering and building purposes.
You will ideally have a few years' experience working within the residential sector, either directly for a house builder or with a practice specialising in residential design. You will have a broad knowledge of preconstruction processes in order to move a development forward from sketch feasibility through to start on site. Key areas of knowledge include:
You will be working with various stakeholders both internal and external and as such clear communication is vital.
Competitive starting salary negotiable and commensurate with experience.
Continued professional development and support with training as required.