M&E Maintenance Surveyor
5 days left
- Job Type
M&E Maintenance Surveyor, Public Sector, Derbyshire, M&E Engineer
Your new company
A Public-Sector Organisation based in Derbyshire are looking to recruit a freelance M&E Maintenance Surveyor to sit within their existing Estates team. This organisation has several properties across Derbyshire which are comprised of Educational buildings, sports facilities and residential accommodation.
Your new role
As the M&E Maintenance Surveyor you will assist the Senior Engineer and Surveying Manager in the repair and maintenance of all this organisations asset.
You will carry out technical inspections and surveys and provide technical advice on the feasibility and practicality of estimated cost proposals, whilst being able to prepare associated cost option appraisals for budgeting and planning.
You will carry out condition surveys as required and manage annual Long-Term Maintenance schedule of works. You will be required to prepare specifications, drawings, and tender documents/quotations for maintenance and repairs and will be responsible for managing minor works projects from initial site meetings through to checking and monitoring works on site and ensuring works are completed on time and within budget.
You will guarantee all building data is maintained on the departments CAFM system and you will ensure task allocation is appropriate to levels of competence.
What you'll need to succeed
You must have;
- A relevant HND or equivalent qualification
- Experience of managing projects within a similar role
- Proven experience in the surveying and preparing reports of electrical and mechanical installations
- Excellent knowledge of electrical and mechanical legislation
- Ability to produce technical reports and specifications
- Ability to supervise contractors
- Ability to coordinate a varied workload and manage competing priorities Ability to produce CAD drawings
- Good IT skills, including the use of surveying software, CAFM system and Microsoft Project.
What you'll get in return
You will work on a freelance rolling basis and will be paid weekly with access to our online time-sheet portal. You will have free onsite parking and will be paid mileage expenses.
This opportunity has the potential to go permanent if both parties are happy.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for M&E Maintenance Surveyor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly