Estimator and cost consultant
Estimator/Cost Consultant opportunity in Cambridge
Your new company
They are an established fit-out and refurbishment contractor that has completed numerous projects for blue-chip high profile clients valued up to circa £5m. Due to continued success and plenty of repeat business they are a fast growing company and as such are looking to grow their special works team team with an additional Estimator/Cost consultant.
Your new role
This role is based within the Special Projects team, who primarily are involved with commercial interior works, although undertake a broad range of projects, ranging from £1k to £150k. This is a diverse and interesting role and goes beyond simply Estimating. Training for the role where necessary will be provided. Key Responsibilities:
- Maintain sub-contractor and supplier databases.
- Prepare estimates based on a combination of rates, acquiring sub-contractor quotes, plus inhouse specialist department costings.
- Arrange and co-ordinate site inspections/surveys and attend site meetings with clients to take briefings (initially accompanied by Project Manager).
- Submit quotations/tenders on time and follow up.
- Put together detailed and accurate scope of works for pricing.
- Liaising with sub-contractors to ensure accurate scope of works.
- Being involved throughout projects, incorporating agreeing variation costs and final accounts.
- With the assistance of Project Managers, advising clients during the early stages of the costing process of the requirements of asbestos surveys, Building Control Regulations and CDM Regulations.
What you'll need to succeed
- Proven experience in construction and /or fit-out estimating.
- Strong understanding of construction processes.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and multi-task.
- Good IT skills including with Microsoft Office.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Dedicated, well-organised and reliable.
- Great attention to detail.
What you'll get in return Not only will you be working with a growing company that offers a fantastic working environment. Salary will be up to £35000 depending on experience and for the right person they are flexible on salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.