Building Maintenance Inspector
Building maintenance inspector - South London - public sector organisation - £25-30 umbrella - 3 month rolling
Your new company
On behalf of a public sector organisation, Hays Property & Surveying are now looking for a Building Maintenance Inspector to sit in the housing division, and report directly to the Building Maintenance Manager.
This is a 3 month rolling opportunity, offering a competitive rate, up to 30£ p/h.
Your new role
As the building maintenance inspector you will reporting to the Building Maintenance manager.
Your duties will include, but won't be limited to:
* Providing technical support on non-routine repairs matters
* Ensuring that vacant properties are prepared for reletting or sale to the required standard and within the set timescale
* Assisting the Building Maintenance Manager in dealing with tenants "Right to Repair"
* Preparing, signing, and issuing repair orders; checking invoices against orders and work done.
* Preparing specifications for work requiring competitive quotations;
* Preparing reports on complex maintenance requirements; preparing recommendations for properties to be included in the external decorations programme;
* Reporting on insurance and fire claims, liaising with assessors, preparing specifications, seeking quotations, and arranging for the necessary work to be carried out.
* Making sure health and safety standards are met at all times
What you'll need to succeed
As the successful candidate you will:
* have previously experience in a similar role, dealing with complex repairs issues.
* Experience working on housing stock and voids
* Strong experience writing specifications and technical reports
What you'll get in return
You will be working for a well established public sector organisation and will benefit from a competitive hourly rate as well as the possibility to work on a long assignment, finally you will be based in an area with great transportation links.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.