Construction Clerk Of Works
Construction Clerk Of Works, Warwickshire, Interim, 6 Month Contract, Competitive Hourly Rate
Your new company
This Public-Sector organisation has big values and is committed to ensuring their services are delivered to the highest possible standard. This is a very supportive organisation and very much has a team ethos when delivering all services to their communities.
Your new role
This is an exciting new post where you will be part of a growing Development Team that is driving an
ambitious new Build Programme. This organisation is embracing modern methods of construction as well as more traditional routes.
Responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- To ensure the quality standards of each Housing Development Scheme is maintained as per the terms of the contract and the organisations specifications. This includes schemes which are constructed using traditional methods and those using modern methods of construction.
- Carrying out regular inspections of the work to ensure workmanship is carried out to the required standard; materials are as per the specification and compliance adheres to statutory legislation.
- Ensure all properties meet the excellent standards expected by carrying out detailed and thorough pre-handover and end of defects inspections ensuring all defective work is closed off before retentions are released.
- Carry out appropriate liaison with tenants, residents, stakeholders and members of the public dealing with any potential difficulties that may arise in conjunction with the Contractor undertaking the works.
- At all times, exercise a duty of care in relation to health and safety matters, reporting issues of non-conformity.
What you'll need to succeed
- Relevant and recent Clerk of Works experience of dwellings built using modern methods of construction.
- Holds a qualification at NVQ Level 4 on the national qualifications framework in a relevant discipline or willing to work towards it.
- Full membership of an appropriate professional body
- Ensure that current knowledge of building legislation, standards, methods of installation and health and safety knowledge is up to date using all appropriate means including reading, research from the building industry lead bodies and networking with all appropriate
- In addition, you must have a vehicle available and have valid driving licence, able to make daily site visits, be prepared and capable of climbing ladders / scaffolding to access higher levels, and to enter restricted spaces.
What you'll get in return
- Competitive hourly rate - Paid Weekly
- Mileage paid at 45p Per Mile
- Supportive working environment.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Construction Clerk Of Works
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly