Client-side Development / Project Manager
2 days left
As Development Project Manager you will be working closely with the Senior Development Manager and Project Director in ensuring that all projects are being delivered within time and budget.
The selected person will be working on all projects, from post acquisition through to construction delivery.
Our client is a well established residential property developer which has been operating in the London market for more than a decade.
They currently have close to £100m (construction values) worth of projects on site and have asked us to help them identify their next Development / Project Manager.
As Key member of the Project Team, the Project Manager role will include the managing and monitoring of the external consultant teams; contractors and subcontractors as necessary to facilitate the delivery of our developments as well as project set up duties such as overseeing pricing, liaising with Bank Monitoring surveyors and the legal and sales team. Project Manager responsibilities include:
- Ensure that instructions and objectives outlined by the Client are followed at all times;
- Exercise professional judgement to resolve development problems during planning, design management, and construction stages;
- Compile complete and detailed contract project documents to provide sufficient information to the proposed funding partners for the development;
- Lease closely with internal legal representatives and funder's legal team to ensure that the required construction and development documentation is available and in the correct form;
- Compile Tenders for professional team, consultants and contractors, then analyse tender returns, negotiate contracts;
- Manage the design team throughout planning, design, construction processes from inception through to completion;
- Monitor and review the performance on site;
- Manage and work with the internal design team and contractors to ensure quality and project information is issued in a timely and complete format and that all relative planning conditions and regulatory matters are complied with;
- Assess the impact of proposed variations to the works for both the cost of construction works and prolongation of programme of works of the Contractor;
- Draft and issue contractual correspondence to protect the Employer's position with respect to the development in accordance with the JCT Design and Build terms and conditions;
- Liaise with the bank monitoring surveyor on a monthly basis to provide project reports and valuations for the funds to be drawn from the designated funder for the development;
- Liaise with conveyance solicitor and ensure lease information is consistent with construction information and clients requirements.
The successful Development Project manager will be experienced as a Quantity Surveyor or Project Manager with Site and construction experience and you will have helped deliver and evaluate large scale, high value, mixed use schemes from inception to completion. You will have excellent construction knowledge with previous experience on active site construction projects. You will also have:
- Knowledge of design management, procurement and contract mechanics required;
- Ideally attained relevant sector qualification (MRICS, MCIOB, RIBA, MAPM, engineer or architect).
In order to be considered YOU MUST have previously worked in the residential construction market in the UK, ideally in London.
A competitive salary and good benefits/bonus package.