Assistant Project Officer
Interim role - Public Sector - Inside IR35 - Assistant Project Officer/Manager - up to £20 p/h - South London
Your new company
On behalf of our client, a public sector organisation in South London, Hays Property & Surveying are currently seeking an assistant project officer/manager, for their housing and regeneration department.
Your new role
The job purpose is to assist in undertaking the service delivery of the Property Capital programmes by assisting and supporting the project management team and the programme management office (PMO) in undertaking all necessary duties as required by a Client to lead project teams and successful deliver the projects and programmes.
You will be working on a variety of projects across the Education and Corporate estates including school expansions and maintenance projects.
Some of the duties:
* Supporting the Programme Manager, Lead Project Managers and Project Managers in the delivery of the capital programmes and projects.
* Support the PM team with a number of typical project management functions; change management, coordination of the design process, help to oversee and manage the control of the project both pre- and post-contract and manage financial expenditure throughout any appropriate RIBA stages.
* Assist the PM team and participate in risk, value and opportunities management, including supporting the facilitation of workshops, meetings and Gateway reviews attended by the Client, stakeholders, projects team, and contractors.
* Assist the PM team to prepare and issue reports including but not limited to Project Execution Plans, Strategy reports, risk registers, progress reports and Council reports.
* Contributing to the overall procurement methodology of the Education and Property Capital Programmes.
* Payment of monthly consultant and contractor invoices based upon performance and programme.
* Support the Contract administration under NEC3, ACA and JCT contract conditions.
* Support the Programme Management Office with the collection of project data and production of Board reports
What you'll need to succeed* An understanding of the technical, legal and commercial processes that affect and influence a capital project and programme.
* An understanding of project management methodologies and tools.
* Good organisational skills and excellent IT skills.
Also you'll ideally possess:
* Experience supporting a project team, delivering capital projects and programmes.
* Experience of contributing to or directly managing the successful delivery of building construction projects.
* Analysing and summarising information and preparing reports and policy documents, including financial management information.
* Communication skills: ability to communicate clearly, diplomatically and effectively with a diverse range of people; demonstrate a high standard of grammatical English.
* Ability to manage competing priorities and achieve tight deadlines.
What you'll get in return
* Possibility to work for a well established organisation
* Career progression opportunities
* Central location.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.