1 day left
A commercial opportunity has arisen to be part of a growing capital (refurbishments) unit of a national contractor on the border of Leicestershire/Warwickshire. We seek an ambitious, competent and commercial Quantity Surveyor to continue to facilitate the successful running of key refurbishment & Maintenance contracts.
Our client is a national contractor delivering major refurbishment and maintenance contracts across the housing and FM industries.
The Quantity Surveyor will possess the following responsibilities:
- The financial and technical aspects of contracts including procurement, invoicing and payment to ensure effective cash-flow management and meet profit.
- Preparing tenders by measuring and calculating rates for estimating and ensuring all work issued have labour targets to return agreed performance.
- Managing the contract accounting and ensure prompt payment and control cost information.
- Developing and maintain relationships with the workforce, client, subcontractors and suppliers - We are heavily customer centric, just as much internally as we are externally
- Managing the billing process to minimise capital usage
- Producing monthly contract valuations and CVRs
The successful candidate will have proven experience in a similar estimating and/or surveying role:
They will also have the following:
* Refurbishment experience, ideally within the social housing sector albeit this is not essential
* Experience of managing refurbishment works/projects of varying values of up to £3 million
* Experience working on Schedule of Rates type contracts preferred and the ability to price minor works from first principles essential
* The accountability to manage your contracts successfully with excellent interpersonal skills
Competitive salary, benefits and career opportunities with a growing business.