Senior Technical Coordinator
Manage the technical aspects (Architecture and Civil Engineering) of a new build residential development from site acquisition through to completion.
Residential developer with a diverse portfolio (inner city and green field) offering a full complement of housing solutions across private and affordable housing. They mainly appeal to first and second time buyers and with a strong social mission, are known for positively enhancing areas they develop.
As senior Technical Coordinator you will play a critical role in leading on the day to day running of sites from when sites are acquired, in managing the flow of information across technical (both architectural and engineering) aspects of new build developments. This will include:
- appointing, procuring and coordinating technical information from consultants and ensure deadlines are maintained and met.
- review consultants work and assess commercial viability of designs, instructing and overseeing improvements as required.
- ensure schemes meet all technical requirements including building regulations, NHBCs, design codes to secure planning and building control.
- support the engineering manager in obtaining section agreements, in particular 38s 278s and 104s as required for pre-start.
- attend meetings with stakeholders and visit sites (West Midlands) as required.
- provide technical support on site throughout build
- This position will have a slight Architectural emphasis however will require you to be open and willing to work holistically across all both strands of technical department.
- You will have a sound understanding of trad and timber frame construction, as well as an appreciation of civil engineering aspects (utilities, roads, sewers, retaining walls etc.).
- You enjoy problem solving and using your knowledge to effectively resolve challenges re-actively as they occur.
- You will have excellent communication skills and power to influence in order to manage a variety of people.
- You will need to be able to drive for this position.
Competitive starting salary with room for progression into vacant manager position upon strong performance. On top of basic salary you will receive choice of company car or car allowance, private health-care, annual bonus and Christmas closing on top of annual leave and bank holidays to name a few.