Project Manager (Consultancy) North East Permanent
If you are a Project Manager who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Hays are delighted to be working with a large, and well-established organisation to recruit for a Project Manager to join their North East / Newcastle team. In this role, you will provide Project and Programme Management services to high profile private sector clients. It is intended that the role will offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows.
This organisation is the leading consultant in Residential, Commercial, Retail, Education, Health, Government and Automotive sectors. We are seeking to locate a career minded project manager to support our Retail sector. The team's work extends from asset planning - defining the business/investment case, setting up the governance structure for delivery, managing design - through to asset delivery - taking schemes out to market, advising on procurement and managing delivery.
Overview of Role:
You will be responsible for supporting managers in achieving service excellence and positive outcomes for our clients; showing high levels of technical capability, sound commercial knowledge and a good understanding of the key drivers or cost and value; capturing and sharing knowledge and driving innovation in service. You will be presented with a great opportunity for career progression whilst at the same time being exposed to cross sector experience.
Join the team and you'll work alongside professionals from a mix of backgrounds, including design, architecture, town planning and construction, all committed to delivering for clients. You'll be given roles that let your play to your strengths and will get the support you need to flourish professionally along with working on leading commissions.
- Draft Project Execution Plans to deliver outputs
- Manage design teams in the development of design solutions
- Undertake contact administration
- Development of project documentation, programmes, master budget etc.
- Deliver projects with the framework of risk, sustainability and environmental considerations agreed at the business case/client brief stage, while maintaining focus on time, cost and quality.
- Stakeholder mapping and management
- Monitor and report on the contractors progress against the contract programme
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the contractor's design complies with the contract
- Manage consultant teams to ensure that the built product is compliant with the contract.
- Utilise Sector specific market, client and Built Asset know how (Insight).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.