Electrical Project Manager
Your new company
Established in 1979, my client has built a solid reputation for quality and service, delivering civil engineering and building projects of all sizes, throughout England and Wales.
Integral to their success are the employees, from the board of directors to their SHEQ team, from engineering to trades - they directly employ a dedicated multi-disciplined team of professionals, delivering projects on time and on budget.
Your new role
The Project Manager is responsible for the following tasks, some of which they will implement directly
- Ensure that the safety first message is visible and adhered to throughout all activities relating to the projects delivery
- Manage, motivate and supervise team of supervisors and operatives.
- Engage and manage specialist sub-contractors including H&S requirements, agreed programme and cost.
- Ensure that all operational activities are carried out in compliance with internal procedure and external legislation governing business operations
- Ensuring design and installation meets internal and client specifications and statutory requirements
- Develop and maintaining positive relationships with our client through efficient delivery of projects with a view to optimising future opportunities and profitability.
- Attend and lead where required, project meetings; including progress, pre-construction, pre-award and handover meetings
- Prepare site permitary prior to starting works as required for an airport / safety critical environment.
- Prepare and enforce project execution plans as per company processes
- Work with commercial team regarding contract requirements, maintaining substantiation for progress and variations in line with contractual requirements.
- Maintain records utilising company's documentation management system, workspace.
- Working with our P6 planner and AMA/Quality Manager
- Carry out monthly contract review meetings and prepare detailed job performance reports for works in progress.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience working as a Project Manager in a Safety Critical Environment
- Understanding of Electrical works, preferably in an Airport/Aviation environment or a willingness to learn
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong management skills
- Functions effectively as part of a team
- Ability to develop or maintain relationships with clients
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities
- Ability to maintain discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
What you'll get in return
- Competitive basic salary
- Company car or car allowance
- Flexible benefit scheme
- Paid holidays
- Support in Training & Development
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.