DAC / CAD Technician
About the role
Balfour Beatty has an exciting opportunity for a DAC / CAD Technician to join our Gas & Water business unit with in Anglian Water to work across Peterborough.
What you'll be doing
- Have good awareness of the Benefit By Design AMP6 Initiative and the various strategies contained within it. Use this knowledge at all times in AMP6 to ensure the efficiency target is being met.
- Support the Project and AMP6 Initiative Delivery Managers and wider team in the delivery of projects and the development and use of products for AMP6.
- Adapt to the growing use of multi-disciplinary CAD systems (2D and 3D as appropriate) to develop Standard Products for use by the business in project delivery.
- Have a good understanding of the @one Alliance BIM/PLM initiative and how the implementation of PLM contributes to a product-based approach to project delivery.
- Adopt, work to and promote all relevant @one Alliance procedures, CAD standards and CAD manual, ensuring that a consistent approach is used.
For more information please see the attached Job Description.
Why work for us
Day in, day out, our teams deliver amazing projects in challenging conditions; developing, managing and maintaining the vital infrastructure and public spaces that modern economies, societies and communities rely on.
Balfour Beatty's Gas & Water teams work in the UK and internationally, providing expertise and experience to support a stable and safe supply of these vital services.
Working on long-term, large-scale contracts, we build close, collaborative relationships with our clients. Our teams bring technical knowledge and in-depth industry experience to projects, provide exceptional customer service and introduce innovative approaches to minimise disruption to local residents, businesses and the environment.
Our water operations cover the whole lifecycle of networks, including clean and waste water mains, metering, treatment facilities and other essential infrastructure. Working closely with the supply chain, we employ industry-leading approaches like BIM and offsite construction to bring cost and time efficiencies to projects.
In the gas sector, we work to expand and renew underground mains, often in busy and high-impact residential and commercial areas. We work closely with clients to manage and plan work intelligently in these areas, minimising the impact this essential work has on local communities.
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunities employer and has been accredited with the Positive About Disabled People ("Two Ticks") symbol and are a member of Stonewall's Diversity Champions programme.
Closing Date: 28th October 2016