Quantity Surveyor - £25m Residential Project - Ilford
Quantity Surveyor - £25m Residential Porject - Ilford
Assistant/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor required £25m conversion of commercial office space into 122 high spec apartments. Currently a 4 storey 11,000 m2 building in the centre of town and adjacent to a train station making it a very complex and confined site.
The refurbishment works will consist of removal of all cladding back to the existing reinforced concrete frame, extend 4 stories including structural strengthening and new envelope to incorporate full fit-out of 122 residential units and 3 retail areas.
About the Responsibilities;
- You will be working within a small commercial team and embrace the full range of Quantity Surveying responsibilities.
- Commercial Administration
- Your role will involve administration works in maintaining the commercial systems in operation on the Project.
- Attend and take an active part in site progress meetings.
- Keeping a record of Sub-contract documents/drawings, updating the procurement schedule as and when required
- Keep a record of material wastage & contra charge sub-contractors as necessary.
- Assisting with Client Valuations,
- Maximise income / profitability.
- Ensure Applications for Payment are submitted promptly and accurately.
- Re-measurement & Evaluation of additional works.
- Compilation of Contract Final Accounts.
- Managing Sub- Contractors
- Compile robust enquiries and analyse quotations / tenders for review with the Commercial Team to select sub-contractors.
- Attend pre-let meetings with sub-contractors.
- Draft orders (terms and conditions).
- Inform the site team of sub-contractor attendances & inclusions / exclusions with the sub contract. Management of sub-contract accounts through to completion including valuations, payments, variations, forecast of final accounts, and contractual correspondence.
- Assist with cost control and forecast of site expenditure to completion.
- Check site costs and highlight errors / anomalies.
- Excellent organization & planning skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to apply a diverse range of communication techniques
- Sound analytical and problem solving skills
- Evidence of ability to effectively prioritize and manage work
- Evidence of strong negotiation skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Outlook
- Can demonstrate aptitude to learn the use of new software systems
- Can demonstrate good general knowledge of construction products and practices.
- Ability to develop and refine commercial and administrative systems.
About the Requirements: The ideal candidate will have Quantity Surveying experience and will currently be working as an Assistant or Project/Intermediate Quantity Surveyor. They may have a degree, A-Levels or HNC in a construction related discipline and will have a keen interest in the construction industry, be confident, able to build relationships quickly, have strong IT skills (particularly Microsoft Word/Excel) and have a commercial mind-set.
If you are interested in this role, please contact email@example.com