Quantity Surveyor - National House Builder - London/ Surrey
Quantity Surveyor – Prestigious National House Builder – London/ Surrey
Title: Quantity Surveyor
Sector: Residential Development
Salary: £35,000 - £45,000 + Benefits
Location: London/ Surrey
SSA are delighted to be recruiting on behalf of a House Builder who operates nationally, with developments in South London.
Building new homes for 50 years, they are firmly established as a leading developer with a passion for not just building homes, but creating vibrant sustainable communities.
Dedicated to improve the quality of life for individuals and communities, by providing better homes. Most importantly, they place customers at the heart of everything they do.
General Position Summary
Due to continuous expansion based in on increased workload, our client have an exciting opportunity for an experience Quantity Surveyor to come on board to strengthen their commercial team.
The successful candidate must have experience in housebuilding (via a developer or contractor). Ideally degree qualified or from a trade background with a number of years’ experience behind them.
Responsible for ensuring timely & accurate cost management, dealing with contractual issues & procurement & payment of sub-contractors for complex large volume development projects from pre-operational stage through to final account settlement.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited too);
- Identification & procurement of suitable sub-contractors
- Negotiation & letting of subcontracts within required timescales
- Providing cost-data feedback to Divisional Estimating Department
- Administration & management of the financial aspects of the development
- Reviewing and forecasting the latest cost estimates and reporting
- Relationships with external employers such as Housing Associations undertaking valuations, cash flow forecasts, obtaining warranties, etc.
Excellent potential for a candidate with real drive and the desire to work with a company that has big plans for the future.
If you are interested in being considered for this position, please send your CV to email@example.com.