Mechanical Design Manager (Building Services)
Mechanical Design Manager - M&E Contractor -£50-60k + Car/Car Allowance - Nottingham
Your new company
A highly recognised Building Services Engineering Contractor that provides mechanical & electrical services to a wide range of clients and market sectors on both Design & Build and Refurbishment projects.
The candidate should be a well-organised, proactive, flexible, driven, forward planner with the ability to deliver work to a high standard and to tight timescales. They should also be able to take on the ability to manage the mechanical engineering aspects of other more junior members of the team assisting on projects.
Your new role
- Manage the Mechanical side of an M&E Design Team
- Mentor and train junior members of the team
- Acting as Project Leader on selected projects
- Attending principle meetings and making client presentations on selected projects
- Raise/promote the level of technical excellence relating to mechanical engineering within the team
- Develop the ability to become a point of contact for key clients
- Help generate repeat business through customer care of existing clients
- Working on a variety of interesting projects across varied sectors
- You will be client facing and involved in all stages of the projects
- Working closely with others in a team environment to achieve a common goal
- Producing drawings and specifications
- Producing calculations or guiding others to complete them
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree qualified - mechanical or building services (Chartered or working towards)/Candidates with HNC or HND with suitable design experience will also be considered
- A minimum of 4 years' experience of design in building services, post qualification completion
- Client interaction
- Software design - Hevacomp, IES, TAS or Cymap, Revit
- Knowledge of British and European Standards, Building Regulations documents etc.
- Working knowledge of BREEAM
- Professional Membership (CIBSE, IET, IMechE
What you'll get in return
Salary £50,000, - £60,000 + Benefits
Company pension contribution
24 days holiday + 8 stats
Excellent opportunities for career progression
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.