Senior Project Engineer
A national Construction Group renowned for their technical expertise within Residential Design and Build has an immediate requirement for a Senior Project Engineer. Their award winning technical team is based South East of Glasgow and deliver major residential developments throughout the UK.
Within their Group our client has an award winning technical division that provide design and engineering services on major Housing developments. They are involved at site appraisal and land acquisition stages through design, obtaining planning consents, ground works and construction.
As a Senior member of the Technical team you will work closely with the Technical Manager and provide Engineering support on a portfolio of major residential developments, this will involve both in house projects and working with external design consultancies. The majority of your input will be at the Civil Design and Engineering stages and will specifically include obtaining consents such as planning, RCC and DTA with a particular focus on street design, earthworks, utilities etc.
To be considered for this position you will ideally have:
- A degree in Civil Engineering or similar with strong exposure delivering the front end technical, design and engineering aspects on major Civil Construction packages – ideally within the residential market.
- Experience using AutoCAD, PDS and WinDES or similar software packages
- Hands on design experience leading technical teams through Pre-Construction and Engineering stages on major construction projects
- A strong technical and commercial awareness relating to obtaining relevant planning consents and the provision and placement of vital utility and infrastructure services
- Stakeholder management experience, specifically working with Utility Companies and local authorities on the provision of vital services such as access roads, Power, Water and Telecoms
- Previous experience either within a consultancy environment or a Main Contractor
On offer is an exciting package including a highly competitive base salary, car or car allowance, Private healthcare, 4x Life assurance, industry leading holiday entitlement, Pension scheme and bonus. They also offer a 9 day working fortnight and are keen advocates of promoting a healthy work/life balance.
For more information, please contact Chris Paterson at HeadNorth Consulting or for immediate consideration please apply now.