Senior Tender Planning Engineer - BAM Nuttall - East Anglia
Senior Tender Planning Engineer - Shipdham, near Norwich.
We are currently seeking a Senior Tender Planning Engineer to join our Southern division. Based at our office in Shipdham, near Norwich, the position will require regular travel to Harrietsham in Kent.
Your key activities will include:
• Assimilate and interpret information from tender documentation, and coach/support others.
• Contribute to bid winning and commercial strategies; inform and influence decision making.
• Develop content and structure for a tender programme, and coach support others.
• Contribute to tender written submission, and coach/support others.
• Communicate and transfer tender knowledge to project team.
• Develop detail within a programme, and coach/support others.
• Resource and cost load programmes, and coach/support others.
• Introduce & evaluate risk in programmes.
• Routinely check programme robustness, and coach/support others.
• Produce and communicate programme information in a variety of forms, using routine and bespoke programme outputs, and coach/support others.
• Evaluate and review supply chain programmes.
• Maintain awareness of latest construction techniques, and coach/support others.
• Develop and maintain 4D programmes.
• Undertake analytical assessment of programmes.
• Develop & maintain effective working relationships, and coach/support others.
• Collect and distribute feedback, and coach/support others.
• Comply with business procedures and systems, and coach/support others.
• Contribute to the preparation and delivery of training.
• Undertake planning audits & peer reviews.
• Support staff development.
• As required;
- update and monitor progress within a contract programme.
- introduce and analyse change in a programme.
- coach and mentor others in use of planning software, principally P6.
- provide advice and support to construction teams on use of short-term programmes.
- undertake entitlement analysis.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Successful previous experience in a role as Senior Planning Engineer, with involvement in tender planning.
• Preferably qualified to ICE Chartered level (or equivalent); additional qualifications in planning desirable.
• Broad experience of a wide range of civil engineering construction, with sound commercial awareness and a full understanding of methods and typical production rates.
• Thorough experience and understanding of programming techniques, with the ability to coach others.
• The ability to lead a planning team working in a P6 enterprise environment, with a proven ability to create and manage the development of comprehensive, robust programmes.
• The ability to use other forms of software such as Chainlink, Tilos, PRA and 4D software.
• The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, and experience in coaching others.
• A demonstrable contractual understanding, particularly of the NEC form of contract.
• A thorough knowledge of company policy on all matters relating to safety and environmental construction procedures.
• Marine civils experience a distinct advantage.
• BIM capability an advantage.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.