Managing Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - Scotland
Managing Quantity Surveyor - Inverness.
We require a Managing QS to lead the commercial function on a regional Civils Framework. This is an immediate vacancy and we hope to attract a candidate who is keen to develop a long term career working in the Highlands with a Tier One Civil Engineering Contractor.
You will be leading the commercial team on the project and reporting to an area Commercial Manager. To deliver a successful commercial outcome to our project the ideal candidate will have come from a main contracting background and will have had relevant civil engineering experience.
Typical duties of a BAM Nuttall Managing QS are:
• Maintain effective communications throughout the Contract team.
• Assist in staff matters which may include staff succession awareness, development, competency and retainment.
• Advise on project needs to ensure adequate commercial support is provided.
• Provide input to staff performance and development reviews and management of the commercial training programme.
• Deliver commercial training.
• Attend QES meetings.
• Attend Commercial forums.
• Provide input to project start-up and close-out meetings.
• Assist in drafting and promote usage of business processes.
• Assist in roll out & support application of commercial processes.
• Undertake audits and provide feedback.
• Provide an input to business development and work acquisition.
• Provide commercial input to contacts with client's representatives.
• Provide Commercial advice to the site team.
• Provide commercial input to project strategy.
• Implement actions and agreed strategy from all commercial discussions / reviews.
• Ensure the production of timely and accurate monthly cost and value reports, quarterly forecasts and cash-flow information.
• Ensure the timely production and presentation of adequate levels of applications for payment.
• Deal with change management.
• Provide input to risk profiling and management on projects.
• Produce and negotiate insurance claims with insurer's representatives.
• Liaise with and/or manage external consultants.
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through contract vetting and input to sub-contract documentation.
• Manage / carry out regular materials reconciliations.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.