Quantity Surveyor - BAM Nuttall - South East
Quantity Surveyor - South East.
We require Quantity Surveyors to join our commercial team working on our Network Rail Sussex Framework (£150m) from our regional office in Edenbridge. Individual projects range from £500k to £15m and we are looking for people with a strong civil engineering background to help deliver a successful commercial outcome.
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with Company policy. Fully understand and participate in the “Beyond Zero” declared vision.
• Maintain effective communication with contracts managers, project managers, managing / project QS and other associated disciplines.
• Assist in staff matters as requested.
• Manage, supervise and mentor your “reports” within the commercial structure.
• Provide opportunities to junior commercial staff to aid their development under the commercial training programme.
• Provide input to contacts with client's representatives.
• Provide commercial contact with supply chain partners through pre-contract meetings, contract vetting and input to subcontract documents.
• Commercial management of subcontractors including payments preparation, final account work, and inputting into dispute resolution.
• Monitor cost of site resources.
• Produce monthly cost and value reports, quarterly reports and present to senior management.
• Take part in discussions concerning project performance and provide commercial input to project strategy.
• Understand and promote usage of Company Procedures and suggest improvements to senior management.
• Involvement in change management including input to the programme ‘established approach'.
• Ensure timely production of appropriate levels of applications for payments in accordance with the provisions of the conditions of contract.
• Provide commercial advice to the site team, and management on all contractual issues.
• Attend and provide input to all site commercial meetings.
• Assist with the production of insurance claims.
• Manage time and workloads for yourself and the commercial team in a structured manner.
• Assist in defining and delivery of commercial training to all site staff.
• Provide input to risk management of projects.
• Carry out other relevant duties as required from time to time.
• Enhanced knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
• To the standard of Member of CICES or RICS.
• Successful experience at Section QS level.
• Evidence of involvement in and understanding of basic contract law and contractual obligations.
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.