Site Engineer - BAM Nuttall - North East
Site Engineer - North East England.
BAM Nuttall is one of the UK's leading civil engineering contractors employing over 3000 staff nationwide. We are currently recruiting for Site Engineers to work on a range of challenging projects in North East England, to provide a cost conscious and safe engineering service within a section of the works which will include setting out, programming and measuring the works. In the longer term you will need to be able to work across the wider geographical area.
Your key activities will include:
• Maintain high personal safety and environmental standards in accordance with company policies and report any standards on the site which are considered by you as inadequate.
• Where required, supervision of chainperson, assistant engineers and work with section foremen.
• Maintain good working relations with client / designer / RE, together with our supply chain.
• Ensure that the drawings and specification documents contain sufficient, accurate information for construction of the works. Formally request any missing information in sufficient time to allow the programme to proceed without delay.
• Provide accurate and clear setting out for works before work is programmed to commence, allowing time for independent checking where required.
• Communicate with foremen and gangers to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Arrange formal checking of setting out and ensure check request form is completed.
• Confirm in writing, any verbal instructions received from the client / designer / RE's staff and ensure that comprehensive records of resources employed on additional works are maintained.
• Complete inspection and test plans as required by the PMP / Specification, including checks of dimension accuracy and quality.
• Keep an accurate daily site diary, including any changes / variations, subcontractors attendance, and records of work related discussions with client / designer / RE / project team.
• Provide accurate measurements for materials required for site. Maintain material reconciliation figures for reporting in the weekly site review meeting.
• Carry out testing / sampling of materials as required by the specification.
• Prepare written risk assessments and method statements for the control of the works.
Your qualifications and experience will include:
• Successful experience at Assistant Engineer level.
• Thorough knowledge of construction procedures and working methods.
• Qualified to ONC level, a Graduate or equivalent (preferred).
BAM Nuttall is focused on providing the highest professional standards in the civil engineering market, with emphasis on building strong, honest and long lasting relationships with satisfied customers. We have established an unrivalled reputation for delivering complex and challenging civil engineering projects that have played a significant role in shaping the infrastructure of modern Britain.
BAM Nuttall is committed to equality of opportunity in all its employment practices, and to developing policies that support work-life balance.